When you think about crews installing an irrigation system in your lawn, it’s normal to be a little nervous.
Will there be bulldozers? Fifty guys with big shovels? A herd of furiously digging worker moles?
You have some questions.
Will installing an irrigation system damage my lawn? How will my lawn look after a sprinkler system is installed?
Here’s a look.
What to Expect Before Sprinkler Installation
First, some prep work:
- A utility-marking service will visit your property to mark public utility lines to prevent damage and improve safety during installation.
- Your water will be shut off for about 30 minutes to an hour during installation, which will be coordinated with you at the most convenient time for you.
Will Installing an Irrigation System Damage My Lawn?
Most Ground Source customers arrange lawn sprinkler system installation right before new sod installation, so they’re not concerned about the mess.
If you’re getting irrigation installed in an existing lawn, there will be some damage to your lawn.
There’s a lot of digging involved, from 6-inch trenches to accommodate all the pipe and fittings to holes for burying the valve box. It’s a bit of a mess.
Crews will dig trenches 6 inches wide and about 12 inches deep. There won’t be grass left over those trenches, but crews will backfill and level the trenches when they’re done.
Then, you can hire a sod installer to install sod to cover the bare spots, install sod yourself, or wait a few weeks for new grass to fill in. Any lawn damage from sprinkler installation will eventually disappear.
Tip: not all Central Florida irrigation installers also install sod, but Ground Source specializes in both. Easy peasy.
What’s Next After the Digging?
After the trenching, crews lay the pipes, connect valves and sprinkler heads, install weather sensors, connect and install the irrigation controller and program it.
They’ll turn on your system to make sure everything is working properly.
Ground Source installers leave your lawn with as little lawn damage from sprinkler installation as possible.
Pipes are well hidden, and they’ll even paint exposed pipes to blend in with surrounding landscaping.
The whole process is surprisingly fast, taking just a day to a day and a half.
Try Out That New Irrigation System
Once your irrigation system has been installed, go ahead and try it out. A good watering will help reduce any additional stress on the lawn and promote growth in the patches of grass that have been removed.
Also, it’s fun to watch the sprinkler heads chugging away!
Irrigation Details Matter
At Ground Source, we offer several features you won’t find everywhere else.
- We use 6-inch irrigation heads, but not every installer does. They pop up out of the ground 2.5 inches higher than standard heads, which means they clear your lawn, and water more efficiently.
- Our installation of underground sprinkler heads in turf areas includes 12-18 inches of flex pipe, greatly decreasing the odds of a broken pipe when a lawnmower or car hits the irrigation heads.
- Expect irrigation system repairs in 24-48 hours. You need help right away with irrigation emergencies.
- Expect your lawn sprinkler system installation within 10 days of our estimate. Why wait?
- Once we install your new irrigation system, we’re behind you throughout the one-year warranty period for any defects in materials and/or workmanship. (On top of our one-year warranty, manufacturers typically offer 3 to 5-year warranties on parts.)
Trust Your Central Florida Lawn Sprinkler Installation to Ground Source
How will my lawn look after a sprinkler system is installed?
Well, there’s a bit of a mess. But guess what? No more struggling with heavy hoses and sprinklers. No more worrying if you’ll have enough time to give your lawn and landscaping the water it needs to thrive.
Lots of homeowners trust us for their lawn sprinkler installation in Central Florida and we love transforming lawns that way.
But then, you can count on us to stick around, for important routine maintenance as well as any irrigation repair needs that pop up.
We’ve got you covered — and your landscaping expertly watered. All you have to do is relax on your front porch and admire the lawn.
We’re irrigation experts, but our skills don’t stop there. We’re with you every step of the way as you plan your perfect outdoor space.
Sod, irrigation, landscape design: Let us transform your yard from an embarrassing eyesore to a place you spend every spare minute.
Are you ready to enjoy the vibrant, impressive yard you've always wanted? Request a quote today! We’ll help you review your options and then transform your property.